Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vacation to Venice

Over the holidays I had some time off so we decided to go on a little trip. I had some free stays with the Marriott hotel chain, so we decided to go to Venice. It was really nice. All we had to pay for was the transportation. The kids did really well, except Brandon and Brinley don't nap very well while we are traveling. They were a little "testy" at times, but we had fun. Venice was beautiful this time of year. While we were there we stopped and went in to a church that we found. We were so surprised to be lucky enough to see some baptisms. I was shocked when President Monson was at the baptism. Of all the luck!!

Before the baptism they had a little spotlight about each child.

This is a picture of Mariah Ann Gordon. She was born on December 18, 2001 in Provo, Ut. She is the only girl in her family and has four brothers (Weston, Chase, Tyler, and Dallen). Her favorite foods are.... too long to list (besides she has so many that I forgot what they were). She does not have a pet, but she wishes she had a cat. Her favorite subject in school is Math.


This is a picture of the little missionaries that were at the baptism.

Chase Gordon, Weston Gordon, and Bryce Jenson

Elder Gordon and Elder Jenson are companions. Now if they could only figure out what they are supposed to do.
Hey Elder, don't get too close to that girl!!


On our trip we had fun swimming in the pool. Brinely loved the pool, but Brandon was a little scared. I think the water was a little too cold for him. Anything is too cold for Brandon.
Here is picture of Brinley with her Aunt Jennifer and cousin Seth.


President Monson, stop Elder Jenson!!!!




****In case you didn't know we went to Richfield, Utah for the baptism, but the Stake Center in Richfield did not have a font. We had to go to the Chapel in Venice, Utah for the baptism.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good post. Loved the pictures. Mariah is a character. I heard that Bryce became really sick, that's too bad. He looks great with his companion though. Poor Brinley she looked like she just couldn't get away fast enough from Bryce.

AmyJo said...

I must say it was the most entertaining baptism I have been to! Good times, great pictures.
I liked how you put a spin on your vacation. Thanks for coming!

Straight to Your Hart said...

What a fantastic trip;)!

Bryce looks so dashing and ready to serve!:0)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Avry said...

This Idaho girl learned today that there is a Venice Utah... looks like a fun trip!

The Byington's said...

Love the pictures! Bryce really looks so much older in that suit. Your kids are all so cute!