Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sacrament Meeting Drawings

Sacrament Meeting always seems to bring out the inner artist.  I don't know if it is the Spirit that is working inside of us that tells us to release our hidden talents, or if it is... the less than interesting speakers.  The couple that sits behind us in sacrament meeting are so nice.  Misty plays the organ once or twice a month and I have to wrestle with the kids all by myself.  They are so nice to help me with the kids.  Once the Sister gave a little note book to Bryce.  Bryce has loved it and draws in it every week.  (on a side note... they helped me today and Brinley wanted to go back to them and kept calling them Grandpa.  She fondly refers to all older people as Grandma and Grandpa, however Brinley usually prefers Grandpa)

In this picture, Bryce has drawn our church and the parking lot.  The left page is the parking lot.  You can see all of the houses next to parking lot, but it appears that the parking lot is empty.


I don't know exactly where Bryce gets his inspiration, but here is a picture about prayer and the scriptures.  I like the drawing of the golden plates.  If you ever have a chance to go to church with Bryce, you should ask to see his Book of Mormon.  On the outside it has a gold cover with Reformed Egyptian characters.  He loves it and actually took it to school for "show and tell."

Can you guess what this picture is?  To the left is a picture of Alma and Amulek in Amulek's house.  The picture on the right is Bryce's interpretation of the Rameumptom.

 

If you ever get a chance, you should ask Bryce to show you all of his other pictures.  He has a really good collection and it continues to grow every week!!

6 comments:

Devanie said...

What a little artist! I love that they're all in a little notebook that he can keep forever :)

Avry said...

That kid always amazes me! He is such a smart little guy. I love his drawings. That little notebook is a keepsake. :)

Thomas said...

I also like to draw in sacrament meeting. That is good that Bryce is sticking with gospel themed pictures. I usually draw trucks and BYU stuff.

Jenson Evolution said...

Well we will just have to see these drawings!

Anonymous said...

Are you still living? It's about time you posted.
Bryce has always been a good kid in church. What fun pictures he knows how to draw.
And Brinley is just so dang funny.

Ray and Clara said...

Bryce is going to be a writer and producer. He needs to put Brinley and Brandon in with some props. good job, Bryce.