I had no sooner arrived home from my travels on the always adventurous public transportation system and situated myself on the couch with remote in hand hoping to enjoy some of the Olympics... when the phone rang. Something told me it was Misty's Doctor who was calling. (Misty thinks it was caller id. I still think I have some sort of gift) Misty told me that she was instructed to go up to the hospital for observation, but that she should take a bag. I was so confused as to why I was headed back to Salt Lake when I had just reached my lovely home and the friendly confines of Centerville. To make a long story short, we got to the hospital about 8:00 or 8:30 pm. Some tests were done and Misty had answered a long list of questions from the nurse. I had just found a chair (approximately 9:20) and turned the Olympics on when the nurse came in and said that Misty's Doctor was on the way and a C-Section had been scheduled for 10:00 pm. A few minutes later I called Ben (brother-in-law) to see if he could come get Bryce and have him stay the night. Bryce was a little tired by this point, but he was happy that he was going to Cole's house. Ben arrived at LDS Hospital at 9:55 pm. I barely had enough time to get back to labor and delivery and get ready. The C-Section was a little delayed by the Anesthesiologist wanting Misty to sing the Utah Fight Song before he would give her any medications. Misty had him singing the Cougar Fight Song after a couple of minutes. The fight songs all started because "yours truly" was wearing a BYU shirt that could be seen the the jumpsuit they had me wearing. Brandon was born at 10:45 pm (4 lbs 8 oz 17 in) and Brinley was born at 10:46 pm (7 lbs 1 oz 19 in). Brandon and Brinley went to the special care nursery and Misty went back to Labor and Delivery. I was able to see the twins at about 1:30 am. In order to sleep I went home arriving at about 2:30 am. Guess what was still on the television... The Olympics!!!
Summer Lovin’ watermelon sign
3 years ago
1 comment:
That is great that you have a blog. You are now part of the in crowd. I feel privileged to be the first person to leave a comment on your new blog. I am very happy that Seth was born back in July. That way I was able to see all of the Olympics. The best part is that he fell asleep each night just as it started and woke up just as it ended.
Post a Comment