Sunday, August 31, 2008

Doctor's Call

Today was my first time attending my ward since having the babies. It was quite humorous watching people look at me, then look at my stomach, then look around for the babies, and back up at me. I thought about dramatically exclaiming, “John, we forgot the twins!” Actually, even though it was hard to walk anywhere in the church without people stopping us for an update, it was nice to know of their concern for us. There have been so many family and friends who have taken Bryce while we have gone to the hospital or brought food, or offered to help. We really appreciate it.
As always, the doctor called this morning to give us an update on Brandon and Brinley. For the most part, they are doing very well. They have both had their oxygen and IV’s off for awhile. Their feeding schedule for the past day or so has been 2 bottle feedings followed by a tube feeding. Brandon has done very well, and gained 10 grams. If he continues to ween off the feeding tube and still tolerates his full volumes, he will be given a bottle at all feedings. Once he can do this for 48 hours, he will be able to come home (possibly this week). Brinley hasn't done quite as well. She has only been taking half her volume from the bottle since changing to 2 bottle feedings back-to-back. This may be too much for her stomach and energy to handle. We'll go visit them later today. This morning the on-call doctor commented on how cute the babies are. Apparently yesterday when he saw Brandon for the first time, he said outloud: "Well, you're sure cute." Then he unwrapped Brandon's blanket to find his shirt which said "Yes, I AM cute." I would tend to agree.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

As I start to read your posts I never know who is writing. As Misty spoke about everyone looking at her belly, I thought of John and everyone looking at his belly. It was pretty funny in my head.