Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Vacation


I went to Washington DC for work in June.  I have always wanted to go to Washington DC and was planning on taking a trip in the next few years.  Lucky for me I got to go this year.  I decided to have Misty come with me and she quickly enhanced the trip to include Philadelphia and New York City.  We had a fun time.  We spent two days on our own in Washington DC.  We had a really fun time and would like to thank out Mothers who stayed with Bryce, Brandon, and Brinley.
US Marines Memorial - Iwo Jima

Arlington Cemetery

Arlington Cemetery
Tomb of the Unknowns
Arlington Cemetery
Jefferson Memorial with Washington Memorial in background





Lincoln Memorial

Lincoln Memorial

Ford's Theater

Ford's Theater

Outside Ford's Theater

White House

White House

Supreme Court
US Capitol

US Capitol

WWII Memorial and Lincoln Memorial
President Grant in front of US Capitol
I had meetings in the Mint Building in Washington for two days.  We then went to Philadelphia by bus.  We stayed the night and went on a tour through Independence Hall.  We crossed the street and saw the Liberty Bell.  We also went through a museum where Misty signed the Declaration of Independence.  After we had our Philly Cheese Steaks, we got on another bus and headed to NYC.

Misty Signing Declaration of Independence

Misty with Benjamin Franklin

Liberty Bell

Independence Hall

Misty buying Philly Cheese Steaks
We spent two days in New York. We took a tour and ended up seeing all of the different sights.  We also went to see "Wicked" on Broadway.  We got pretty good at riding the subway and not getting lost.

John by the Subway

Flat Iron Building

Empire State Building

Empire State Building
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)

Statue of Liberty (Lady Liberty)


Misty after Wicked outside of Gershwin Theater on Broadway


Times Square at night

Time Square at night

NYC Taxi
A mysterious package on the subway









2 comments:

Thomas said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you had a great time. Jennifer hopes to go there someday and I guess I can go with her, so she does not get lost on the subway.

Neal and Suzanne said...

We loved your pix of D.C. etc. Glad you could have that fun trip.