Monday, January 12, 2009

Superheroes

Bryce has recently discovered that are more superheroes than just the Incredibles. Spiderman has been a recent favorite, so has Batman. He likes the idea that Batman is a grown up and Robin is a kid ("boy wonder" to be exact). Bryce dresses up in his dash (from the Incredibles) costume and then puts on his Superman cape. Somehow this makes him Robin. By some means he gets me to dress up as Batman. I wouldn't mind it so much but I always have to be dressed up. The costume that he has chosen for me is actually a Nacho Libre mask. (Don't ask me how he comes up with these ideas)

I was trying to get dinner ready and Bryce wanted me to dress up as Nacho... uh I mean Batman. He was looking for a bad guy to stop so I told him we were going to stop the big bad evil Mr. Hunger. He was happy with that so we started to make dinner. Then we needed to stop Mr Thirst. Bryce asked me, "Dad, is Mr. Thirst really Penguin." I told him that Mr. Thirst was real and we needed to stop him or else he might ruin our whole dinner. I asked him what we should drink to stop Mr. Thirst. The answer came quickly, "ROOT BEER!!" We hurried down stairs to grab two cans of root beer and one can of fruit punch. Bryce had one can in each hand and he said, "these cans are heavy." I asked him if he needed some help but he emphatically responded, "No, I am strong."

When you are talking about Bryce... uh I mean Robin, you really have to use your imagination. I keep forgetting he is talking to me when he says, "Batman, hey Batman!!" Brandon is taking this a lot better than I am... he is finally starting to respond to Superman. Let's just say that Bryce really likes his Superheros.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I used to pin my blue baby blanket around my neck as a cape. I would pretend that I could fly. One time, in the IFA home, I jumped over the railing and landed down by the door. It made a huge crash and Mom and Dad got really mad at me.

AmyJo said...

Weston is really into superheros too. Especially on his lucky draws. Chace is good at doing his own stunts.
Tell Brandon to hang in there he'll enjoy playing super heroes when he gets a little bigger. He will need to keep drinking those high calorie drinks!

Karolynn said...

I love his imagination! He is so sweet!

Mrs. Jenson said...

I am glad to hear that you are into fixing dinner also, John. I thought maybe Misty was writing as Bryce is good at getting her to pretend also. Bryce reminds me of all the little superheroes my kids use to pretend to be.

R Cadina said...

Bah ha!! That's awesome! What an awesome mom you are...seriously! Good job! :0)

Straight to Your Hart said...

So we see a cute picture of our super-hero...YOU??