Okay, enough is enough!! I got the scissors and clippers. Bryce told me that the cape with the animals is to put around him and off we went. With a little clip here and and little clip there. We were started. Let's see... where to start... how long to cut... how short to cut.... now what am I suppose to do with the crown of the head...? leave it longer...? or cut it shorter...? should I use the guards...? Let's see.. give me the number 2... this is looking really good... Oopss, that is pretty short.. OH NO... I put on a number 1... It's all good, I only cut a little off the bottom... Nobody will even know... it is not like I am going to post this for everybody to see. Let's start with the top. That should be pretty easy. Well, now that I have cut the top, I think it needs to be shorter. Let's try that again!! Alright, now for the blending... This is easier than I thought... How long has this taken me... Luckily Bryce is pretty entertained by this video that he is watching (Wiggley Wiggley Christmas)... I had better hurry and finish this haircut, Wiggley Wiggley Christmas is getting stuck in my head... The video is about half over... Not bad for my first try... There we go... Not bad!... Don't tell anybody I cut your hair. If people find out that I cut your hair, they will look close and see that... wait a second I did a really good job. Okay Bryce, that will be $10, not including tip. Would you like me to style it for you?
Here he is World!! Fresh out of the tub. You can see on this last picture, there are a couple of drops of water still on is hair.
What do you think? How much of a tip would you have given? How many places can kids get their haircut and watch a video at the same time? Do your kids like haircuts? What are your tricks or what are your disaster stories?
6 comments:
Way to take things upon yourself John! Glad he held still as long as he did. Only tricks I have is when they're really little, give 'em a sucker and sit them in the bathtub (without water). Then it's convenient clean up and they can move around a little (you have to follow 'em a bit), but they can only go so far. This at least gets them used to the "feel" of a haircut, and also gives you practice so that as they get older and you do place them on the chair, you are much faster, and they know the drill.
Awww he looks so grown up!
John Let's see if you can convince my 12 year old son to cut his??? I think you might have to pay him though..
and for what it's worth they let him pass the sacrament & his is well past his ears & about 3 inches below the collar so I think Bryce could get away with a bit longer at Primary ;)
You did a dang good job he looks great!
Beautician here: The end result solely depends on what the client had requested. Did he ask for the Troy or Ryan haircut??? That will determine whether you did a good job or not. Let Bryce be the judge of that.
In my opinion it looks very good for your first time, considering his hair is pretty difficult to cut.
I am very impressed! You did a great job. Can I make an appointment for Carter? Carter loves getting a hair cut. He has been getting one a month since he was 6 months old.
Pretty good John! Very impressive! For not knowing what you were doing, you did awesome! Now if you could get Cole to hold still long enough to get his done. We just put him in the tub, before we fill it with water, put on the #5 guard, and let him have it. Of course he's crying through the whole thing. Hopefully one day though! :)
Well done John. I'm very impressed with how nice it looks. Luke got his first haricut a couple of weeks ago and when I look at him I still see every little mistake I made. Maybe I'll try a movie next time and see if he does any better :)
Post a Comment