Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Playing with Kite

On Monday we rode our bikes to a neighborhood behind our house. Bryce rode his bike and kept using the brakes until he was going down a hill. John kept telling him to use his brakes, but he just kept gaining speed. At the bottom of the hill the sidewalk turned, but Bryce did not. He bailed off of his bike onto the grass. He thought that was pretty cool. Luckily he did not get hurt. Bryce decided he wanted to fly his new kite. There was a little breeze and it was the perfect weather. Brandon and Brinley loved riding in the trailer behind John's bike.

This is their first ride in the trailer so they were not sure what to expect.

Bryce and Misty got the kite up in the air.

Bryce would run on the sidewalk and keep the kite up in the air.

Brandon took his turn flying the kite.

Brinley also took a turn.

They were maxin' and relaxin' while they were flying the kite.
Here is another picture of Brinley flying Bryce's Kite.

On a separate note...

The other day Bryce slammed the door. I asked him why he slammed the door and he said, "Because I was mad." I told him to go to "time out" for slamming the door. Bryce responded, "I wasn't that mad!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are some sweet pics. They are so cute!! I guess I haven't seen the twins for a while because Brandon looks so different. Did you cut his bangs?
That's too funny about Bryce slamming the door. He says some of the funniest things.
Can't wait to see you next week.

Carroll Conversations said...

The twins are getting so big. So cute to see them holding onto the kite string, oblivious to what is at the other end. I love the cute things that Bryce says. What a fun kid.

Jenny and Porter said...

That looks like so much fun, bike rides and kite flying. Your kids are so adorable.

Jaelynne Francis said...

Thank you for my morning laugh! I've never seen that before. That was sooooo funny that the twins were holding the kite. I've gotta show Larry that! Brandon is filling out in his cute little checks! How fun! That is awesome that you see grass there! We have snow up here, yes, right now on the ground! Crazy! What a stinkin funny comment on the door. I love the things they say....it helps you get through the day with a smile! Love you tons!

Kari Sweeten said...

Cute pics!! Hey, is that a new walkway behind our old house? Wow, things have changed a ton!

Karolynn said...

I am so glad Bryce handled hi bike like a professional! The babies are darling in the little bike trailer! I love that you let them both have a turn flying the kite! CUTE!!

Avry said...

Looks like it turned out to be a beautiful day! I love that little Bryce he says the funniest things.

The Byington's said...

What cute kids you have! How fun, going for a bike ride, and flying kites! What some fun parents you guys are!

Straight to Your Hart said...

OMGosh...he is already learning the negotiations tactics:) Smart little man he is.

They look completely blissful..You can't help but feel that way when flying a kite! Cuties they are..and Misty as well...

Anonymous said...

Kite flying is so fun. The especially love the picture of the twins in the bike trailer. What a fun adventure.
P.S. Bryce is so funny :)

R Cadina said...

"Maxin & relaxin"....hahahahaha!!! Seriously, this is my favorite thing ever! hahaha!!! I most definitely have never met any other little baby that could fly a kite before they could sit up! They are advanced beyond their years. :0) I sense great things in their future! :0) Thank you soooo much for coming over last night. You're the sweetest friend to come and paint. Especially at a time when you deserve a nice break! :0) Hopefully it won't be too long before we get together again. Good friends are very hard to find.