Thursday, August 18, 2011

Davis County Fair


 Yesterday we went to the Davis County Fair.  It was the first night that it was open so all of the animals weren't there yet.  Brandon loved the animals.  Brinley has been into this "scared" thing lately.  She is always saying that she is "scared" or that things are "scary," so of course, she said that the animals were scary.  There is a Credit Union booth that the kids like, so we go there every year, because they have a lot of things for the kids.  

 

 Brandon loves these kinds of toys.  He will play with these forever.  Brinley likes to look at it for a minute and then she goes on to the next thing.  Brandon really loves moving the wooden pieces along the metal track.  This entertained him for quite a while.  Misty on the other hand, found joy in standing in line...

 This is the line for the clown to make balloon animals (or whatever you wanted).  Last year all of the kids wanted swords.  Balloon swords?  How long do you think they last?  Exactly!!  There were a number of crying children when their sword popped right after they got it.  (That was Bryce last year)  I don't know if he remembered that from last year, but this year he wanted a blaster.  Brinley got a flower and Brandon got a puppy. 
 Shortly after this picture, part of Bryce's blaster popped.  Bryce soon started to cry (you think I would have learned from last year).  Since Brandon kept throwing his puppy on the ground, I took his puppy and "transformed" it into a spare blaster part.  We were able to stop the crying on move on to other parts of the fair. 
So the stroller was not rolling through all of the animal "droppings," we left it away from the animals.  Usually they have a section for stroller parking.  I couldn't find the stroller parking, so I found a good spot that wasn't being used.

I didn't get pictures of us having dinner, but we had some nachos, hot dogs, fried rice, and shish kabobs.  All in all, we had a good time.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like a lot of fun. It has been years since I've been to a fair.

Thomas said...

What kid isn't scared of dirty little animals? Sounds like the food at the fair was great.

Jenson Evolution said...

Yeah!! It looks like you guys had a great time!!

RAY AND CLARA said...

Ray and I need to get out more. The Carbon County Fair was last week-end. We didn't make it. One of these days I will convince Ray that he needs to go to the rodeo with me. It looks like you had a great time at the fair. Maybe we need a grand kid or two to go with us.