Monday, November 10, 2008

Day off Work


Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. I decided to take today off and make it an extra long weekend. I was planning on working in the yard, however it has been raining all day and I have not been able to go outside. Bryce did not seem to mind at all. He has a very good imagination and is always entertaining himself. This morning he decided he wanted to be an army guy. He got out his lacrosse stick and wanted his "army shirt". He started asking for his "cars board". (this is actually supposed to be used in the swimming pool, however he finds all kinds of uses for it.) This is what he looked like.


All of a sudden I realized what he was doing!! He was trying to be like his "army guys". Bryce had wanted army guys for a while, so Grandma Byington bought him a package of "army guys". If you look close you can see that they are not army guys, but firefighters. Don't tell Bryce they are not army guys. He had to have every detail correct, even the fact that he is kneeling on a board.

After playing for a little while, he wanted to have some binoculars like the army guys use. I first went looking for toilet papers rolls or a paper towel roll. We found some "spare parts" in the garage and made some infrared binoculars out or pvc pipe and duct tape. (I saw McGyver do it once)


When I gave him the binoculars he yells, "they are perfect! Thanks Dad." That makes it all worth it... or was he just pretending?! Bryce!!

3 comments:

AmyJo said...

The yard can wait another day.
Now that is just about the coolest binoculars I have seen.
Mariah would be jealous to have a pair to put in her purse while she is playing outside.

Jennifer said...

Bryce sure does make things fun when he is pretending.

The Byington's said...

I love it! Bryce is so creative! And nice binoculars, pretty impressive!