Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grandpa Jenson

Grandpa and Grandma Jenson came to visit Friday and Saturday. Bryce was really excited to go help Grandpa and I (John) install some carpet. We were up and to the job site at 9:00 a.m., Saturday. We were installing carpet for Jennifer's (sister-in-law) parents. We had called Thomas earlier in the morning and he gave us the address so that we could find the right house. Here are some pictures as we arrived.
After knocking on the door a couple of times and waiting 10 minutes, we realized that this was the wrong house!! Thanks Thomas!! We loaded up and went down the street to try it all again.

Bryce was a really good helper (unlike two other people that stood there with their hands in their pockets. J/K)Bryce learned really fast how to get the job done. Here he is the "foot man". That is a technical term used in the carpet industry by the company Installation West (more commonly known as "Ray and his slave labor kids").
He even took his scheduled "Union" break. Here he is at the kitchen table working on his pre-school homework. He was writting the letter "k".
After two hours of work, Bryce was able to utter the immortal phrase, "this is all the work I've done." (Grandma Jenson taught him that phrase)
Once we finished, we went back home to have lunch. After lunch, we worked in the back yard to clean up all of the leaves.
Then it was off to a birthday party at Backyard Adventures. They sell playground equipment, but they also have equipment for the kids to use. This was a private party and the whole room was reserved. This picture is only half of the equipment. It was all connected and the kids could run and play forever. It reminded me of the Swiss Family Robinsons.
We came home to rest after our long day. We talked about the fun we had and Brandon was very disappointed. Brandon can't wait until he is big enough to have an adventure like Bryce. Isn't Bryce the luckiest kid in the world?!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

As I looked at the pictures, I saw that is not Ernie's house. You fools! Dad said he knew where the house was. Luckily no one was home or you might have installed the carpet in the wrong house.

AmyJo said...

I got tired just reading about the day!
There are quite the memories of Dad laying carpet. Once on a carpet job I was playing with one of the old razors that Dad had thrown in a scrap pile. I cut my finger but hid it so I wouldn't get in trouble. I still have the scar.
For some it is best to follow the examples in the pictures of keeping your hands in your pockets and let Dad do the work.
Looked fun!

Avry said...

Wow sounds like a busy day! So if we need new carpet I know who to call right? :)

The Byington's said...

What fun pictures! Bryce is so cute, I'm sure he loved helping dad and grandpa! Brandon and Brinley sure are getting big! Wow, time flys!

Karolynn said...

You had a busy day. Bryce is such a good little boy and very cute too! That party was pretty cool, my favorite part is when they sent me home with some food. I over heard someone saying that all that playground equipment in the room cost $23,000.00. I love Bryce posing as an army man, too cute! The twins are adorable as always!

Neal and Suzanne said...

We loved hearing about the carpet day. Bryce is too cute! And the twins are adorable. Lucky us to be Grandma and Grandpa.

Carroll Conversations said...

Such cute pics! Hey, trying to email you guys. Keeps getting returned. Do you have a new email? Let me know five_ten@hotmail.com Thanks!